head history

Reinecke’s History

 

1925

Alfred Reinecke established his metal foundry in Iserlohn. At the beginning fittings for cooking ranges, riding tackle and harnesses were manufactured together as well as castings of art work. During the war years production changed over to light metal casting.

 

 

1945

Alfred Reinecke’s oldest son joined the company. In the following years changes continued to take place leading to the manufacture of metal  fittings and automotive parts.

 

1956

The two sons Alfred und Herbert took over company operations.

 

1963

At the existing location there was no longer any space for expansion so a new production hall was built in the industrial area in Iserlohn-Sümmern.

 

 

1968 und 1973

further extension of the facilities followed.

 

 

1991

Alfred Reinecke Metallgießerei GmbH & Co KG was taken over by the American MASCO Corporation At this time, for reasons of age  Alfred Reinecke also withdrew from the company but continued to support operations with his knowledge of the industry. From this time on Herbert Reienecke was the sole managing director, supported by Alfred Reinecke Junior as director of sand casting and by Dipl. Ing Olaf Reinecke as deputy managing director. It was at this time that the Chamber of Commerce and Industry  affirmed Alfred Reinecke Castings  as one of the most successful  companies worldwide  in the light metal and metal castings industry and as the best address in the faucets industry. The takeover by MASCO Corporation  made it possible for Alfred Reinecke Metallgießerei GmbH & Co KG, once a manufacturer of unfinished parts to add machining to its production know-how.

 

 

1997

Herbert Reinecke left the company. Bernd Möhner was appointed as second  managing director alongside Olaf Reinecke.

 

 

1999

Olaf Reinecke left the company and Bernd Möhner became sole managing director.

 

 

2003

Sand casting was transferred to another company with which there was a close business relationship.

 

 

2008

Bernd Möhner took over the company from Masco Corporation and has since been sole owner and managing director.